Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ottawa Wedding Photographers

Choosing a wedding photographer is a tough call. There seem to be hundreds in Ottawa, yet those who offer both an artistic eye AND good business practices are few and far between. My advice, stick to the studios who have a good ten year or more rep and book early.

Recently I have read that Eventi Productions and Josh Brown Photography are the latest victims of a competitive marketplace. Both seem to have disappeared and the forums and Facebook pages have some angry brides looking for blood. It seems that a number of chat groups make a habit of talking up the latest, greatest, newest (read cheapest) photographers only to discover shortly afterwards that their super deal vaporized.

Here is some recent discussion from the Wedding Bells forum-----------yikes.


Anyone having troubles contacting Mark Cooper? #4217452 - 10/05/09 11:55 AM

I had my wedding back in May and it has been hell trying to get my pictures from Mark Cooper. He messed up my order and still hasn't sent me the CD of the digital files – which I already paid for. It has been 4 months now and I'm getting a little annoyed. Last I heard from his was in August. He hasn't returned any of my messages? Does anyone know what's up?

Re: Anyone having troubles contacting Mark Cooper? [Re: Emjay] #4219235 - 10/05/09 07:01 PM

surprise surprise, I had pretty much the same problem a year and a half ago.Warning, this thread will get deleted very soon to keep future potential clients from knowing about these problems.

Maybe try going to a wedding show? He always seems to show up at those...
Reged: 09/10/09 Posts: 10 Loc: Ottawa
Re: Anyone having troubles contacting Mark Cooper? [Re: RBM] #4220294 - 10/06/09 12:03 AM

Wow! If he's had bad reviews deleted there are still lots of them here anyways. I was just looking at one by SuperExcited060609 on this thread http://forums.weddingbells.ca/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3145242&an=0&page=9 She says he is "Very cocky, with a huge ego. Makes you feel so small and insignificant." Who needs that from someone that you've paid a couple thousand dollars to flykem I really hope you get your pictures.
Post Extras:

Posts: 12

Thanks for all the info. I had a funny feeling I wasn't the first and unfortunately won't be the last. I am still trying to get ahold of him by e-mail and phone - guess the next is a home visit!!
Post Extras:

Re: Anyone having troubles contacting Mark Cooper? [Re: Sun_Bride] #4225343 - 10/07/09 11:55 AM

He didn't show up for our engagement shoot last night, so something might be wrong. I hope everything is okay because this is very out of character for him.
Re: Anyone having troubles contacting Mark Cooper? [Re: stassy] #4225810 - 10/07/09 01:37 PM
how do you know it's very out of character? Do you know him personally? Or do you just mean based on your experience with him so far?It doesn't seem all that out of character based on the various (now deleted) comments I've seen on this board before.

stassy, it looks like you're now having the same problems that flykem has been having for months and that many others have also had in dealing with himThere are lots of other excellent photographers in Ottawa, none of them have as many negative comments as Mark Cooper.
lilmrsd WB Devotee Reged: 04/06/08 Posts: 1423 Loc: Ottawa, ON
Re: Anyone having troubles contacting Mark Cooper? [Re: barb0918] #4228622 - 10/08/09 09:44 AM

Posts: 1200 Loc: Ottawa
Re: Anyone having troubles contacting Mark Cooper? [Re: stassy] #4229405 - 10/08/09 01:06 PM
I have trouble believing there was a "family emergency" each time a bride has had similar complaints in the past. When it was my own personal experience, he offered an apology but no explanation as to why I was ignored for 3 months. --------------------Loc: Ottawa, ON

3 comments:

  1. My sister went with Cooper. The shots looked great but service and the final product Yech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my experience with Mark Cooper has been nothing short of terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to come across to your blog and find something useful for wedding!Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete