Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wedding Bells.

Weddings Bells is the bible of the industy in Canada. As long as you don`t mind reading a brick that is 95% ads (and hey, what bride doesn`t) it's great.
Their site, on the other hand is less than inspirational and their forum is kinda wimpy. We do scour it for some good gossip, but the problem is that any negative reviews are quickly wiped, since they seem to be more concerned about their advertisers than freedom of speech.
Not here folks. Drop those comments in the articles and they are there for good. I have no
advertisers, except of course the Google Ads I eventually plan to add in the margins. If its a
fair comment, its fair game and like the Courtyard Restaurant bit down below, I think we all learn from the discussion.


BTW, I hear rumours about a new wedding mag that is Ottawa based and I say HURRAH.
The rates in Wedding Bells are pretty outrageous and guess who pays for them in higher priced
fees to you from the merchants who advertise.

1 comment:

  1. My wedding bells add was a total waste of money... Anyone considering advertising with them should reconsider...

    ReplyDelete